First impressions –Immediately out of the box the car seat looked stylish and comfortable, We went for the red and black version, the material seemed soft and overall the seat looked secure.
Set up – The set up is super easy, adjusting the straps is really simple and adjusting the ISOFIX base to fit our car was quick and easy.
- Meets the new i-Size ECE R129/00 standard
- Suitable rearward facing from birth to 85cm, and less than 13kg
- Converts to a flat reclining seat usable in the vehicle or on a pushchair
- Features patented Intelli-Fit™ foam for ultimate side impact protection
- Exclusive Tri-Protect™ headrest offers 3 layers of security
- Grow Together™ multi-height headrest and harness system adjusts simultaneously and requires no rethreading of harness
- Multi-position, ergonomic carry handle with leather look grip
- Removable full body insert
- Retractable, removable sun canopy features a zip-open panel
- Comes complete with an ISOFIX base
- Easy buckling 3-point harness with padded covers
- Compatible with most Joie pushchairs and with other pushchairs using Maxi-Cosi® style car seat adapters
Practicality – The car seat is on the heavy side, with little one inside it can be heavy to carry around, we usually never carried it for long periods of time, the most we carried it for was bringing it in from the car, for us not a huge deal but for you that might be different. Moving the car seat from car to pram and back to car is really quick and easy, honestly I could never go to a carseat that doesn’t utilise the ISOFIX system, along with the Joie pram we have we can easily take the seat out of the car and place it onto the pram with ease. The hood folds down almost covering the feet, great for blocking out the sun on bright days. The Inserts are soft and of nice quality so I had peace of mind when my little one was in there. The seat lays flat which is a huge deal when it comes to keeping the little on in the seat for extended periods of time.
Final thoughts – Overall we love the Joie I-Level and using it along with our Joie prams is so easy, it’s slightly heavy but its not a massive issue for us. The best part of the seat for us in the ability to lay flat, we have travelled in the car for extended periods and knowing the seat lays flat means we can go slightly longer between breaks and not worry about our baby’s health, This is also a great feature when using it out and about and not having to worry about swapping from car seat to carrycot, this means little one can stay asleep and you don’t need to bother them! A must!